Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Travelling Nintendo : The Updated Setup

In the past I have spoken of the travelling pack, the setup for hitting the road for Nintendo buffs... usually for reasons of evacuation during disaster events. Of late I have amended my travelling pack guide and made the following changes.

- From small shoulder slung bags I changed my emphasis to large shoulder slung messenger bags. I have been plumbing the depths of a local thrift store group that worked out of my local school for inspiration, settling on a multi pouch style of messenger bag, with compartments for your handhelds and games and charging cords and a large central pouch for food and drink and incidentals for the trip.

- I started preaching the virtues of a first generation Game Boy Advance being in your set, noting the need for one device powered by easily replaced physical batteries (when plugging in to recharge is not an option). Of course you will also have to invest in a clip on light source for this resistant beast, but given the handhelds range of gaming content it's alright to make do with a weakness or two in exchange for longer more sustainable potential in the long haul.

- The philosophy of travelling with multiple handhelds. A GBA and a 3DS... possibly also an older DS Lite. Simply because charging wise the most efficient is the GBA (be it the SP with over a dozen hours of charge at full, or the original with replaceable battery charge) followed by the DS Lite, and finally the 3DS. One of the most damning things about new tech, the more advance it is the quicker it consumes energy.

- Speaking of charging I have advanced my theory on the Nintendo multitap from GameStop (allowing you to charge a GBA SP or DS, DS Lite and DSi or 3DS all at once. Not only do I think you should own this if you also have an MP3 Player and tablet you should own multiple chargers. The plug on this can adapt to recharge any device that plugs into a USB slot on a PC, so you can't have enough of these plugs for charging I assure you.

For me I am working on a travelling pack pack for study and research with a GBA GBA SP, DS Lite and 3DS. Game wise I am still working on different recommendations lists, but that is a topic for a future Travelling... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment