Friday, May 17, 2013

First Impressions Dragon Quest IX and Heroes

What do I think of these so far? Let's see...

DQIX Sentinels of the Starry Skies
The story is OK I guess, being an angelic entity, but once you are thrown from your heavenly home (which I swear was ripped off in Goseiger) it becomes a standard Dragon Quest game and you lose all your new angelic abilities, making the game s bit of a tease dangling New abilities before you then taking them away. Worse, you will plays for hours on end and most likely not run into a second character to team up with. That is sad, especially since I remember finding allies far quicker when I played DQVII sometime ago.

I like the game and all, but I have at this point been grinding away at this game for hours without finding a single New character to team up with... it will reflect in my final score to be certain.

Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime is a little innovative, with a freeroaming environment (same with Dragon Quest IX) and a bit more of a freestyle combat system over turn based combat. Where the game suffers is from repetitive gaming and a kinda lackluster story that does not hook you as well as past Dragon Quests I have played before.

Full reviews coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment