Sunday, June 9, 2013

First Impression : Project X Zone demo 1

Strange, there is supposed to be a demo of Legend of Zelda Link to the Past 2 out now according to a video I saw on YouTube... maybe soon. In the meantime I saw a demo for Project X Zone and snapped that up for a look at.

First Impression comes with flaws.

- Sad low demo count. Only 5 demo plays, and I guess that would be OK if the demo wasn't short as all heck. One fight displaying the game's combat, a mix of RPG Strategy akin to a Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics mixed with light button mashing (using a combination of buttons and controls to create a combo list of hits against x monster you chose to fight).

- Project X Zone has an OK fighting system, but becomes repetitive as of almost instantly, my enthusiasm waning quickly... until I realized a few of my favorite female characters like Black Rose (dot hack) and this one mostly naked bat winged enemy lady was in the game... wow, eye candy... sigh.

- Fights seem rather unbalanced. Pretty easy minions and ridiculously hard leaders requiring you to throw every team pairing you got at the character to beat them. That should have been worked on a bit more.

- The healing agents present in the demo are rather weak, with only the ones used to heal TeamMates bring useful healing 30% a use. There are skills, but first play through I didn't experiment with skills. Something to try out next play through.

- I did like the special solo and partner moves, but it wasn't enough to keep combat from feeling rather repetitive. But that is a old hat of RPG RPG and strategy content, so par for the course.

This was my firs impression of my first play through of the demo. Stay tuned for updates when I do my second play through.

No comments:

Post a Comment